The ICT Services desks located in the Polo Collina provide their offices with specific services but also other centralised ICTs services of the University with a first level support.
Who we are
The ICT Services Polo Collina was born in 2012 from the merger of the previous IT Departments of Mesiano (L.d.C.) and Povo (Cisca), it includes the structures of Povo such as the former faculty of Sciences MM.FF.NN., the new buildings (Polo Ferrari 1 and 2), and that of Mesiano (former Faculty of Engineering), and operates in five departments: Physics, Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, Engineering and Information Science, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics and in the Cibio and C3A research centres, the latter located in S. Michele a A. at the Edmund Mach Foundation.
The staff of the ICT Services Polo Collina is composed of 6 people, coordinated by the ICT Services Manager.
Where we are and how to reach us
There are three ICT Services desks of the Polo Collina: two in Povo and one in Mesiano. In detail:
- in PovoZero (former Faculty of Sciences MM.FF) via Sommarive, 14: on the first floor, the right-hand corridor;
- in Polo Ferrari 1 (Povo 1) via Sommarive, 5: both the ICT Services desk and the support student office (150 hours) are located on the first floor at the end of the corridor on the right of the porter's lodge;
- in Polo di Mesiano (former Faculty of Engineering) via Mesiano, 77: (former Laboratory of Calculus) and support student office (print / scanner room) are located on the first floor, continuing the corridor leading to the porter's lodge.
How to reach us:
- by bus: line nr. 5 every 20 minutes from the train station (15/20 minutes journey). The bus stops directly at the gates of the Mesiano and continues towards Povo (see timetables);
- by train: Valsugana line (direction Borgo-Bassano), stop "Mesiano-Povo" (10 minutes journey and 5 minutes’ walk);
- walk: a pleasant walk from the city center, eastwards along via Grazioli and then on the path that leads to Mesiano-Povo, crossing the Fersina torrent on an ancient stone bridge (30-35 minutes to Mesiano, further 10/15 minutes to Povo);
- by bike: the same route as the walk (the travel time depends on your training). We highly recommend not to follow the route of bus n. 5 by bike.
- by car: for those coming from the south or from the north, motorway exit “Trento centro”, you can enter the orbital road to Padua. After approx. 12 km take the exit “Trento Est” and at the next roundabout take the second exit (signage “S. Donà” or “Trento Centro”). Continue along the street for about 500 meters towards “Trento Centro”, at the roundabout you will find all the signage to reach Mesiano-Povo.
For those who come from Padua, we advise you to follow the signage “Trento Est” (pay attention to directions near the new tunnels). At the roundabout take the first exit towards “San Donà, Povo, Trento centro”. A shorter alternative when you leave the motorway is to climb the hill passing from Trento Sud (4th roundabout) towards Madonna Bianca (towers) and take the direction Villazzano and then continue (about 2 km) towards Povo. At the roundabout you can go down towards Mesiano (about 1 km). For those coming from the city centre, follow the signs for piazza Venezia and then those for Povo. Mesiano is on the same road.
At the Polo Ferrari 2 (Povo 2) are the offices of the Network and TlC and Systems Management.
How to contact us
You can ask for our supports writing a ticket through the platform Service Desk or sending an email to ITPoloCollina.help [at] unitn.it
- ICT Services Mesiano
via Mesiano, 77 - 38123 Trento
tel. +39 0461 282464
Student support service +39 0461 281937
- ICT Services PovoZero
via Sommarive, 14 - 38123 Povo (TN)
tel. +39 0461 281598
- ICT Services Povo 1 and 2
via Sommarive, 5 - 38123 Povo (TN)
tel. +39 0461 283289 - 281939
Student support service +39 0461 285212
Monday and Friday, from 9.00 to 13.45; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 9.00 to 16.30.
Every structure is provided with adequately configured stations for lessons, exercises, exams, seminars and conferences.
Users of the University can print in colour or b / w in A4 or A3 format directly from their stations.
Shared printers management (for UniTrento staff)
In addition, the Printing and Photocopying Service is available in all the libraries offices and the Departments of the University.