The management (design, implementation and maintenance hw/sw) of all the computer rooms is the main service offered by the Information Systems, Services and IT Technologies Management to students and teachers for the courses that require the use of a PC for learning.
The service includes the design, the activation and the subsequent operational management of the classrooms and computer labs of the various Poles, according to certain common criteria within the University.
In addition to the standard software package (Microsoft Office), common to all laboratories, all workstations are provided with constantly updated specific software tools (e.g. SPSS, AutoCAD, MATLAB).
Access to the workstations depends on the type of activity: it goes from the free access, aimed at students, to controlled access for both educational activities and exams.
The opening hours cover all weeks throughout the year.
The service includes:
- design, implementation, activation, management and maintenance of computer rooms;
- management of all the accesses to the workstations, especially when it comes to specific configurations for lessons and exams;
- support and technical assistance in the use of the installed equipment.
Some figures (at 31/12/2017):
- Number of computer stations for teaching in the University: 1132
- Number of computer stations for teaching in the Polo Città: 499
- Number of computer stations for teaching in the Polo Collina: 509
- Number of computer stations for teaching in the Polo Rovereto: 124