Each student of UniTrento, at the time of enrollment, is assigned an account (username + password) to authenticate to the University's ICT services. How do you get it?
- if you have completed the registration procedures by registering as a guest on the UniTrento portal, you have to do the “incardinamento”
- if you used instead your SPID identity you can obtain your username and set a new password with the recovery procedure, entering the personal email address associated with your SPID ID
Username is usually in the form name.surname [at] unitn.it (or similar). If you forget your password, you can set a new one using the reset password procedure, entering your personal email address.
The personal email address is the one you have registered in association with your account and is used to recover your password: it must be really yours! You can update it using the set personal contact service.
Instead, for communication from and to UniTrento professors and offices it will be used the UniTrento email address, each student has been provided with and active one until the graduation (or the dropout). The Google mail box has unlimited storage capacity; the address is in form name.surname [at] studenti.unitn.it .To learn more about it read https://icts.unitn.it/en/students-email
With your @unitn.it account, as long as you are a regularly enrolled student, you can access to the principal UniTrento ICT services. For example:
- MyUnitn, the web dashboard for quick access to online services and service communications
- ESSE3 Students’ reserved area
- suite Google Apps (for example, Drive, to store your files during your UniTrento career)
- UniTrento wifi networks (we suggest you to use the unitn-x network, with encrypted data traffic)
- computers in computer rooms of each Department
You don't know who to ask? Contact us!