The Service Desk of UniTrento, which is based on the assumptions of the IT Service Management (ITSM), oversees the provision and the support of University ICT services, with the dual purpose of reactively supporting the user in the use of services and proactively coordinate the activities, policies and processes useful for improving the delivery of ICT services.
According to the IT Service Management logics based on the ITIL framework, the Service Desk is proposed as a virtual first level point of contact for the end users and as connector between the structures that supply the IT services, those that support them and the users who use them.
- supports the user in solving problems related to digital identity, authentication and authorization of ICT services (“Account Help” service)
- coordinates procedures and technologies used to support UniTrento ICT services together with the maintenance of a ticketing system (to date OTRS)
- takes care of and maintains information on ICT services (eg Service Catalog, ICT site, FAQ, tutorial)
- plans and delivers training sessions in the ICT field and promotes the development of digital skills for UniTrento staff , in collaboration with the University Training and Update Office
- supports the management of the Information Systems, Services and Technologies Directorate’ services through change management logic, performance monitoring and periodic assessment of user satisfaction
Within business hours