The management (HW and SW design, implementation and maintenance) of PC rooms is the main services provided by the SISTI Management, to students and professors requiring the use of PC to carry out/follow courses.
The service includes the planning, activation and concrete management of the teaching computer rooms and laboratories of the city area, according to the standardisation criteria and aimed at the sharing of the knowledge at SISTI Management level.
Apart from the standard equipment, shared by almost all PC rooms, specific software aimed at the specific teaching activity of each venue are installed and then constantly updated on each workstation (e.g. SPSS, AutoCAD, MATLAB).
The access to workstation depends on the type of activity carried out in the room, varying from free access - for students - to the restricted access for teaching activities and exams.
The opening hours usually covers the entire day during the whole year.
The service is developed on a set of guidelines:
- planning, implementation, activation and management of the PC rooms;
- management of the access to workstations, in particular with reference to the specific setups connected with the lessons and the exams;
- support and technical assistance for the use of the installed ICT equipment.
Some figures (updated to 31 December 2012):
- Overall number of PC workstations for teaching activities (whole University) 1116
- Overall number of PC workstations for teaching activities (City centre premises): 483
- Overall number of PC workstations for teaching activities (Povo-Mesiano premises): 509
- Overall number of PC workstations for teaching activities (Rovereto premises): 124
Professors and staff may require the intervention/support of the SISTI Management through the website ServiceDesk; students are invited to refer to the US Helpdesk for students of their premises.
I am a student attending one of the departments/faculty of Trento city centre. Can I use any free-access workstation in all premises in Trento city centre?
Yes, students attending degree courses in Trento city centre may use all free-access workstations in the four main premises: Economics, Sociology, Humanities, Law.
I am a student of Industrial engineering, but I often stay in Mesiano. Can I use a workstation there?
Yes, students of Povo and Mesiano may use all free-access workstations in both premises.