ICT User Helpdesk - Povo/Mesiano Unit
The ICT User Helpdesk - Povo/Mesiano was created in 2013 as a result of the previous helpdesks in Mesiano (L.d.C.) and Povo (Cisca). It includes the facilities of Povo (former Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Natural science) and the new buildings (Polo Ferrari 1 and 2), and the former Faculty of Engineering in Mesiano, including the five Departments: Physics; Civil, environmental and mechanical engineering; Information engineering and science; Industrial engineering, Mathematics; and CIBIO.
The coordinator of the ICT Helpdesk is Francesca Salvetti who coordinates 6 other staff members.
The services autonomously and directly provided by the Helpdesk include:
- message management using the displays located in the halls of the various buildings;
- management of the mailboxes of engineering and science (closing)
- management of the HW and SW of the PC rooms in Mesiano - Povo;
- mini-campus (Labview, Maple 17, Ansys, Abaqus e Autocad);
- Microsoft Imagine (was Dreamspark - students of scientific departments)
- CD with orthophotos and topographic maps - Mesiano;
- network storage
- creation of web space and support to the users’ webpages;
- clusters of Povo/Mesiano;
- virtual machine for research;
- lending of ICT equipment including PC (laptops and projectors) for lessons and events;
- management of dissertation defense - graduation;
- large format printouts (Mesiano);
The Helpdesk provides first level support for the centralised services (overall University services) like:
- management of the HW and SW of the systems
- management of the multimedia equipment located in the teaching labs and rooms.
- management of the multimedia equipment located in the libraries, administrative offices, student helpdesks (in agreement with the office of the city unit)
- helpdesk for users regarding the email service
- helpdesk for users to install SW available in the campus.
Please view the full list of services on .... List of services