The University of Trento offers to its professors, technical and administrative staff and sometimes to its students, the opportunity to install some generally useful SW products, whose licenses and updates are managed directly.
The University of Trento offers to its professors, technical and administrative staff and sometimes to its students, the opportunity to install some SW products, among which:
- Microsoft Campus, which include the Office, Project and Visual Studio packages, together with the possibility to update all devices with original Microsoft products thanks to the latest distributed OS editions, including the multilingual editions. The Microsoft Campus SW is available for users at the various IT Helpdesk; the Microsoft Campus packages can be installed and used also on the users’ home devices (Work At Home), signing and submitting the request form to the IT Helpdesk. The form may be downloaded from the Downloads box.
- Sophos antivirus is an antivirus SW to protect all university systems. It is distributed by the IT Helpdesks of the different university premises.
- SPSS is a SW package for the visualization and statistical analysis of data. It is distributed by the IT Helpdesks of the different university premises.
- Campus MatLab is a programming environment for the development of algorithms, the analysis and visualization of experimental data and for numeric calculation. The contract, through the TAH-Campus Option, allows all university staff to install the programme on all stand-alone or network work station, and on all personal device out of the University of Trento. It allows all UniTrento students, through the TAH-Campus Option, to use MatLab everywhere, on up to 4 personal stand-alone or network work stations.
- Microsoft Imagine (was DreamSpark): is a Microsoft programme supporting the technical training, providing for the access to Microsoft SW for learning, teaching and research purposes. The Imagine packages provides students of scientific departments with the Microsoft professional tools, platforms and development servers in the labs, classrooms and PC of students and professors, for learning and research purposes.
- This is to inform you that the Apple on Campus agreement between Apple Distribution International and the University of Trento came to an end on 16 May 2017.The online Custom Store therefore closed on the same date, and students, teachers, staff, will lose the opportunity to take advantage of education discounts on Apple products.
No, the Campus Microsoft package is accessible to UniTrento staff.
If you are a student at Povo/Mesiano you can download the contents by using the Microsoft Imagine programme. You can ask the Povo/Mesiano IT Helpdesk for help and information.
Yes, you can install a copy of Office on your home PC thanks to the programme Work At Home.
No, PhD students are not employed by UniTrento and cannot therefore benefit from the WAH programme.
Yes, students may install Matlab on up to 4 different personal PC.